Easy Coway Aquamega 100 Water Purifier Installation
The Coway Aquamega 100 water purifier is designed to be an attractive addition to your home. We say “designed” in the most literal sense—we created an award-winning, sleek product with clean, appealing lines to accent any kitchen.
The water purifier sits next to the kitchen sink, and it filters water as it directly flows from the faucet. The system is based on water pressure and does not require any electricity to power it. Best of all, it’s easy to install. Sure, a plumber can install the purifier for you, but you can do it yourself as well. Here we’ll share an overview of the faucet-diverter installation process to show just how hassle-free it is. Please note that the Coway Aquamega 100 also can also be connected to your water supply line underneath the sink.
To watch a video of this installation process, please see visit our website for simple, step-by-step instructions.
Water purifier installation with faucet-diverter attachment
Before you begin, gather together these items, provided to you with your Coway Aquamega 100: a faucet-mounted diverter, a washer, three faucet adapters, a T-valve, 2 “L” fittings, and several feet of ¼” tubing. The length of the tubing depends on the distance between your Coway Aquamega 100 unit and the faucet. Please measure this distance first and use the appropriate length of tubing.
- The first step is to remove the original faucet aerator. This is the small piece of hardware that screws on to the end of your faucet, and water flows through it.
- Now pick up the faucet-mounted diverter and add the washer to the area that will connect to the faucet. Replace the aerator with the diverter by screwing the diverter into place at the end of the faucet.
- Insert one end of the tubing into the diverter. Insert the other end of the tubing into the back of the Coway Aquamega unit. Note: If you need the tubing to lay at a right angle, please connect it to the Coway Aquamega unit with an L fitting.
- Move the unit so that the spout is over the kitchen sink. Position the diverter switch, now attached to the faucet, perpendicular to the sink. This will allow water to flow through the Coway Aquamega 100 unit.
- Turn on the COLD water. (Note: the Coway Aquamega 100 is only intended for cold water.)
- Turn on the Coway Aquamega 100 purifier by turning the switch at the top of the unit.
- Allow water to flow through the Coway Aquamega 100 into your kitchen sink for 10 minutes. This flushes out the system and prepares the filters for use. Once this final step is completed, your Coway Aquamega 100 water purifier is ready to go.
With this easy installation, you and your family can quench your thirst with fresh, delicious water every day. The Coway Aquamega 100 reduces water contaminants by up to 99.9%, including lead. And, unlike pitcher filters, it flows directly from your kitchen sink.