Easy Coway Aquamega 100 Water Purifier Installation
The Coway Aquamega 100 water purifier is designed to be an attractive addition to your home. We say “designed” in the most literal sense—we created an award-winning, sleek product with clean, appealing lines to accent any kitchen.
The water purifier sits next to the kitchen sink, and it filters water as it directly flows from the faucet. The system is based on water pressure and does not require any electricity to power it. Best of all, it’s easy to install. Sure, a plumber can install the purifier for you, but you can do it yourself as well. Here we’ll share an overview of the faucet-diverter installation process to show just how hassle-free it is. Please note that the Coway Aquamega 100 also can also be connected to your water supply line underneath the sink.
Water purifier installation with faucet-diverter attachment
Before you begin, gather together these items, provided to you with your Coway Aquamega 100: a faucet-mounted diverter, a washer, three faucet adapters, a T-valve, 2 “L” fittings, and several feet of ¼” tubing. The length of the tubing depends on the distance between your Coway Aquamega 100 unit and the faucet. Please measure this distance first and use the appropriate length of tubing.
- The first step is to remove the original faucet aerator. This is the small piece of hardware that screws on to the end of your faucet, and water flows through it.
- Now pick up the faucet-mounted diverter and add the washer to the area that will connect to the faucet. Replace the aerator with the diverter by screwing the diverter into place at the end of the faucet.
- Insert one end of the tubing into the diverter. Insert the other end of the tubing into the back of the Coway Aquamega unit. Note: If you need the tubing to lay at a right angle, please connect it to the Coway Aquamega unit with an L fitting.
- Move the unit so that the spout is over the kitchen sink. Position the diverter switch, now attached to the faucet, perpendicular to the sink. This will allow water to flow through the Coway Aquamega 100 unit.
- Turn on the COLD water. (Note: the Coway Aquamega 100 is only intended for cold water.)
- Turn on the Coway Aquamega 100 purifier by turning the switch at the top of the unit.
- Allow water to flow through the Coway Aquamega 100 into your kitchen sink for 10 minutes. This flushes out the system and prepares the filters for use. Once this final step is completed, your Coway Aquamega 100 water purifier is ready to go.
With this easy installation, you and your family can quench your thirst with fresh, delicious water every day. The Coway Aquamega 100 reduces water contaminants by up to 99.9%, including lead. And, unlike pitcher filters, it flows directly from your kitchen sink.
1Coway air purifiers have been proven to trap dust, pollen, dander, viruses and bacteria in the air based on KCL (Korea Conformity Laboratories) testing.They have been tested in a 30㎥ size chamber according to the Korea Air Cleaning Association standard (SPS-KACA 002-132:2022 Modified) to measure the 0.01㎛ size of particle removal rate. It was tested on maximum airflow speed in normal room temperature and humidity conditions. The performance may vary in the actual living environment of customers.
→ Tested with Airmega Aim, 100, 150, 160, AP-1216L, AP-1512HH, AP-1512HHS, 200M, Icon, IconS, 230, 240, 250, 250 Art, 250S, 300, 300S, 400, 400S, ProX
299.97% of viruses, bacteria, fungi and pollen were verified to be removed from the air for Coway air purifiers which have Green True HEPA™ filter applied based on the Japan Food Research Laboratories(JFRL) testing according to JEM 1467 standard.
→ Tested with Coway Airmega AP-1512HH, AP-1512HHS, 250, 250 Art, 250S, 300, 300S, 400, 400S
→ All tested by JFRL and received above result within below time.
All tested by JFRL and received above result within below time.
- Virus: Tested with Escherichia coli phage ΦX174 NBRC 103405, 60 minutes
- Bacteria: Tested with Staphylococcus epidermidis NBRC 12993, 60 minutes
- Fungi/Mold: Tested with Penicillium citrinum NBRC 6352, 60 minutes
- Pollen: Tested with Cedar Pollen extract, 60 minutes
3Aerosol test conducted in a Biosafety level 3 laboratory with two Coway air purifier models, Coway Airmega 250 and 400 for removal of SARS-CoV-2 Aerosol by US based MRI Global, a not-for-profit laboratory and partner of US Department of Defense. The test was conducted in a 13.1ft3 chamber. Virus was aerosolized for 15 minutes and the product was turned on high for 2 minutes. Result showed each product effectively removed over 99.98% of the SARS-CoV-2 in 2 minutes. This is a result from a laboratory experiment condition and result may vary in different conditions. This result does not imply it kills SARS-CoV-2 or prevents the transmission of Covid-19. Coway Airmega 250S and 400S are identical to the tested models and has equal performance with an additional mobile connectivity function.
4The concentration of ammonia, acetaldehyde and acetic acid were proven to be removed within 30 minutes by FCG Research Institute, Inc. Human Life Science Lab. It is not a demonstration result in the actual use space. Not all odors and gases may be supported. → Tested with Coway Airmega 150, 160, AP-1512HH, AP-1512HHS, 400, 400S
5The coverage area of the air purifier is based on an area where the air cleaner can make two air changes per hour (ACPH). An air change per hour translates to how many times an air purifier can clean an area, assuming the height of a ceiling to be 8 ft, in one hour. Therefore ** means two air changes per hour means that the cleaner can clean the area once every 30 minutes and * means air changes per hour means that the air purifier can clean the area once every 60 minutes.
10Terms and conditions apply. Discounts, including promotions, coupons, bundle discount and subscription discount, cannot be stacked on top of other coupons. During promotional periods, discount codes will not be able to be applied to orders. Promo codes may apply to products only—filters, accessories, and new products within 3 months of the release date are not included.